In Motimate you can easily upload and add a Video to a chapter in your moti. You can also make it a requirement for the user to watch the entire Video.
Adding a Video file
- Start by clicking Edit Chapter in the chapter you want to add the video in.
- In the menu "Add Content", select Video.
- You will now see a new content block, where you can upload your video.
- Click Upload File in order to select the video file you wish to upload. Maximum file size is 200 MB, and we currently support the following video formats: .mov, .mp4, .m4v, .avi, .webm, and .wmv.
- Click the three dots (⋅⋅⋅) at the top right above the video, and drag to select which frame you would like to use as thumbnail. Then click Done.
- Type a Title of the video if you like a title to display above the video (optional).
- Write a Description if you would like it to appear below the video (optional).
- Turn on the Required-toggle if you wish to make it required for users to watch the entire video.
- Turn on the Autoplay-toggle if you would like the video to autoplay the first time it appears in the user's view.
- Remember to click Save to avoid losing this, and other changes you've made, in the chapter.
Congratulations! You have now created a nice Video block.
Video File Compression Tips:
- Reduce video length
Try to keep your videos as brief as possible and cut out any unnecessary parts during the editing process.
- Lower video resolution
The lower the resolution, the smaller your file.
- Change video codec
There are many codecs to choose from. The most popular lossless codec is H.264, which preserves HD quality. Other common codecs are AVI, WMA, XviD, Real Audio, and Apple Video.
- Lower audio bit rate
If high fidelity vocals, or music isn’t a priority, you can reduce the file size quite a bit by lowering the audio bit rate.
- Use 3rd party hosting
Video sharing sites like YouTube and Vimeo make it easy to distribute your videos. You can embed such videos using the External content block.