You can connect your live stream of Motimate user activity to a data analytics tool and combine it with other data sources.
Our API lets you connect your data with tools like Power BI, Qlikview or Tableau in an easy way.
Automate custom external reports in Power BI
To demonstrate how you can combine live Motimate data with your enterprise data, you can follow this example of Enterprise HR data stored outside of Motimate:
This example has the enterprise data in a google sheet and you can replace the external source with other sources that Power BI supports.
Import Motimate data into Power BI and connect the two datasources.
- Start with selecting Get Data and then Web.
- Paste in the URL to our Experience API (xAPI) and add the Authorization header with basic type. You must also add a header for Version: X-Experience-API-Version.
Remember to add the correct authorization and version headers.
- Structure the dataset however you like and add other data sources. We will use a google spreadsheet for this sample, but you can replace this with other sources. Make sure that your other data sources include a column that you can combine with a column from Motimate, i.e. you can map category name with department name or an xAPI Object Id with a Course Id. In Power BI you can set up a data model to associate them.
- Import external data source. This sample is from a Google spreadsheet:
- Connect the two data sets.
- Now that the report is set up with Motimate data and other data sources, you can visualize them in a custom report and click on the refresh button to update the user activity data from Motimate.
- Click on the Home and Refresh-button to update the activity data.