2FA is designed to prevent unauthorised users from gaining access to an account.
- Log into your Web Admin, and you will get prompted to set up 2-factor authentication.
- Click on Set up two-factor authentication.
- Follow the instructions provided:
- Save theRecovery Codes:
- Next time you log into Web Admin, you need to open your Authenticator app and write in the 6-digit code. This code will be different every time:
Once a user decided to have this feature ON, it will stay ON until the user will deactivate it by himself. Motimate support has received some requests from customers to disable it, but this will not be done -we will not deactivate 2FA for our users. Therefore it is very important that you download a 2FA app, and save the recovery codes!
The most important 2 things are:
- Install an OTP-compatible app (such as Google Authenticator or Authy) in your smartphone.
- Save the backup codes which are shown during the 2FA activation process
Need to remove 2FA from your account?
- Log in to Web Admin and open your user:
- Click on Cancel two-factor authentication and confirm by providing the 6-digit code from the Authenticator app, together with your normal password.