Assigning a Moti is important, otherwise no users will be able to see it, even though you may have already published the Moti.
Assigning a Moti
- Log into your Motimate account, and open Studio.
- Find and open the Moti you wish to assign.
- Click Assign Moti, and you'll get an overview of all assignments:
- First click Select Position, and select the Positions you wish to assign the Moti to. You can assign it to as many different Positions as you want. If you want to assign it to all Positions, simply select All Positions.
- Second you need to click Select Playlist to decide which Playlist the Moti should appear in for users matching this assignment. You must select one playlist per assignment, and it's not possible to select more than one. If you select the last Playlist, typically named Available, the Moti will not appear in any Playlists, but will instead be available in the Discover menu in Motimate. This can be a good alternative for Motis you simply want to make available for those who like.
- Finally you must click Select Groups to decide which groups you wish to assign your Moti to.
- You can select as many Groups as you like. If you select a parent group, in a normal group structure you do not need to also add the child groups. The Moti should be made available to anyone in children group. If you want to share it with the entire organization, make sure to select your top group, which is usually named the same as your organization name.
- Assignments are effective immediately. If your Moti has already been Published, users will be notified right away. If the Moti has not yet been Published, your users will not be notified until you publish it. There will be no notifications if you only publish to the Available Playlist.
- If you wish to make more assignments, simply click New Assignment. You would usually use different assignment if you wish for the Moti to appear in different Playlists or with different Actions for different groups or positions.
Congratulations! You have now successfully assigned your Moti.
A Moti will only be made available to users who match both one of the Groups and one of the Positions you have selected. If the assignment only matched on group or only on position, the Moti will not be assigned and available for the user.